VCU Molecular Medicine Research Building
Owner: Virginia Commonwealth University
Year Completed: 2008
Area: 120,000 SF
Contract Amount: $15M
Atlantic Constructors performed the HVAC, Plumbing, and Medical/Lab Gas scopes of work for this 120,000 sq. ft., 11-story laboratory.
The HVAC scope includes a 600-ton central plant, custom air-handling units, and energy recovery. The project included research laboratories, a vivarium, and a 75-seat auditorium.
- Environmentally Friendly, Low Hydrocarbon Construction Materials
- Chilled Beam Air Conditioning System
- Energy Recovery Wheel in the Air Handling System
- Water Efficient Fixtures that Reduce Water use by 20%
- Green Roof on the 2nd Terrace
- LEED Silver